Matua Community Baptist Church
We hope you will join us for a Sunday celebration to see for yourself what
we are about. Through worship and practical, biblical messages, we present
the ageless truths of the Bible. Our services are presented in a relaxed,
informal style which we are sure you’ll find easy to receive.
We are located in the Matua primary school hall for our 10.00 am Sunday
service and at 9.30 am in our lounge in the Matua shopping centre for our
Wednesday traditional service.
If you have children our exciting children’s programmes run in parallel
with our 10.00 am service. After the service we have refreshments and a
time of mixing and mingling.
Enclosed on this site is information regarding the many ministries of our
Church. If you would like to know more about our programmes or
community activities please give any one of us a call on 576 3743.
May God bless you.
Pastor David Julian
The mission team is committed to the Biblical Command to
“Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the
Good news (The Gospel) to every creature of the whole
human race” Mark 16:15 (amplified Bible translation)
Our Objectives are:
- To be informed of the worldwide work of Christian Mission,
- To promote programmes and teaching to further the interest of mission in this church, and to challenge commitment to mission.
- To distribute funds in order to support specific causes and missionaries as the Lord directs.
The mission team meets once every month. All our church family are
encouraged to attend. Meeting times and days are published in the
church weekly newsletter. email email@example.com
For information on the following look below:
* Pastoral Services * MCBC Youth
* Womens and Mens Ministries * Home Groups
* Prayer meetings * Community Care
* Matua Craft Club * Children’s activities
As a community church we have excellant programmes of social and spiritual interest, together with appropriate avenues for on-referal.
- Counselling – grief,crisis, negotiation
- Advice in home care for the ill
- Social Services – budget advice
- Marriage and funeral arrangements
- Friendship and emotional support for senior citizens and lonely people
- Sunday school and adult classes
- Activities for children and youth
- Men’s and women’s care groups
- Classes in conversational English as a second language
- Books, videos and audio tapes available covering a variety of subjects
in the field of human development and the christian faith
- Home groups, day and evening, catering for young and old, with several
interests being covered including music, bible study & parenting skills
Mainly music – classes in coordination for pre-school children and their caregivers
- Opportunity to participate in our active missions programme, both local and overseas
- Meaningful and inspirational Sunday morning Family services
For more information please contact the church office on 576-3743