Serving the Matua community.
Matua is a peninsula suburb of Tauranga, in the Bay of Plenty, New Zealand. Statistic NZ census 2013 shows there is a population of 5151 within 2181 dwellings. Tauranga City 114,789 pop.
What the Committee does on behalf of the Matua Residents Association:
- We organise residents’ meetings on matters of major community interest
- We make submissions to the Tauranga District Council on matters affecting Matua.
- We negotiate resolutions affecting residents, ie roading, services, improvements
- We administer and maintain the Matua Tennis Courts
- We work with The City Council to add community facilities in Matua Parks/Reserves such as seating and barbecues
- We meet bi-monthly to discuss Matua issues meeting dates below
- We support and assist the Police and Community Patrol ( NZCPA) in keeping our suburb safe
- NEW! Overseeing of the Matua community information website (www.matua.org.nz)
A $10 subscription will give you the opportunity to make positive suggestions about the facilities that you, as a Matua resident, would like to see developed, enhanced or repaired. Have your say in the community by making a contribution. The subscription you pay will only be used for the benefit of the community or those who support it in some way. Subscriptions in the past have been used to purchase barbecues, park benches, park lighting etc.
Please join by paying your $10 subscription today!! Fill in your details on the tear-off slip at the bottom of the page and drop it in at Matua Foodmarket, Tilby Drive, or post it to PO Box 6004. You may also lodge it direct through our account at Westpac Cherrywood 031548-0005557-00
We welcome your suggestions, input, interest and involvement.
————Print this page and tear off here. Drop off with your subscription at Matua Foodmarket or post to PO Box 6004 ———-